MASTERTECH MARINE GENERAL INFORMATION
GENERAL PARTS HELP
- PLEASE use the menu system to see if what you need is listed on the site. It's easy to use and works just like a table of contents in a book. By finding and ordering what you need this way it will chop at least one day from the time it takes to get your parts rather than calling to find out the same information.
- If you can not find what you are looking for, the best way to contact us is by using our Quote Form which is monitored constantly.
- You may also contact us by phone (details on our Contact page) but if possible, please use the email Quote form. This allows us to research your question and possibly have an answer right at hand if we need to call you back regarding your parts needs. Email is monitored continuously and often is answered within minutes. You may leave us a phome message if you can not get us directly. Messages are limited to 3 minutes, so please be brief. This is a limitation of our voicemail system. Please leave your name, daytime phone number (Mon-Fri), a quick explanation of what you need, and the motor information outlined below, so that we can be ready when we return your call. DO NOT use this for technical help. We simply don't have time during the day to field diagnostic questions. Please use the tech help form so we can look into it when we get a break.
- We WILL need to know the motor SERIAL NUMBER for Mercury Marine products and Force motors 1992 and newer.
All others need the MODEL I.D. information. Serial numbers are generally not helpful for those motors.
If we do not have this information we may not be able to find the correct parts. Please have this information handy.
- We do not always have everything on the site in stock at any given time. If we do not have what you need, we will normally have them shipped direct to you from the warehouse nearest to you that has them.
- Tohatsu-Nissan parts not on hand will be ordered in from Tohatsu of America. This usually takes 2-3 days, and will ship back out to you as soon as we recieve them. Drop-shipping for critical parts is available on request, but there is a $15.00 handling fee charged to us to do this, which we will add to the order.
- EXPEDITED SHIPPING is available. At the end of checkout there is a "Special Instructions" box, where you can note that you need it 2nd Day. Overnite shipping is usually not available because of time constraints, but may be.
QUESTION ABOUT AN EXISTING ORDER?
- If you need help with an order you have placed, please have ready the ORDER NUMBER given to you when the order was placed. If you do not have that handy, we will need the name, phone number, and/or email address originally used when you placed the order, so we can find it easily. Especially when leaving a phone message or an email, please include this information so that we can look into it and have an answer for you when we return your call or email.
- Order confirmations are emailed to you when we process your order. If you haven't gotten a confirmation within a couple of days please contact us; don't wait for weeks wondering about the status of your order. Normal orders usually take 7-9 working days or less depending on whether we had to special order something. If there is a supply issue we will contact you right away as soon as we find out and let you know.
- Not all parts listed on the site are in stock here; many slow-moving items are ordered in or drop-shipped from supplier warehouses, depending on what it is, where it has to come from, and where it has to go. We attempt to have orders shipped within 1 business day, also depending on the above factors.
- Please let us know of any problem as soon as possible; don't do a charge back or a PayPal dispute before contacting us so we can see about rectifying the problem! If a mistake is made, we find something is unavailable beyond our control that we have attempted to get for you, or any other problem, please let us try to resolve it before filing a dispute or chargeback. This causes everyone involved time and ill will.
If you have had a problem with credit card
not working, or similar issue, please do not put in a new order. Simply CONTACT US so we can change the information and try it again. It's not necessary to submit another order.
- For most orders, we ship 1st Class or Priority Mail, depending on destination and shipping origin. We stock many parts here; however, for slow-moving, dealer-only, or Special Order items, we may have them sent direct to you from alternate suppliers. We have one supplier on each coast we generally can use for orders like these, depending on what you order and where you are. These will ship either USPS Priority Mail or UPS as a rule.
- Our usual shipping charge is $8.75. Orders can cost us anywhere from $1.50 to $15.00 to ship depending on size & weight; since we don't have time to figure each individual package when we're processing orders, and they may be shipping from alternate warehouses depending on the part(s) involved, we arrived at that figure as an average. The exeption may be for very large, bulky, and/or unusual sized items such as fuel tanks, manifolds, and so on. We will notify you if this is the case before processing your order. MOST orders over $100.00 normally ship normally for free.
- Expedited shipping is available at extra charge. Please contact us so we may let you know what the charge would be beforehand.
For most orders in the US we can use Priority Mail flat-rate boxes (2-3 day service) for orders up to 20 lbs at a charge of $12.35.
- FOREIGN ORDERS: if you wish to use PayPal please Contact Us before placing an order so that we may generate an invoice to you including shipping for you to use. We normally use Priority Mail International for shipping to international destinations. The charge for SMALLER ORDERS $24.75 except Canada ($20.00). We can ship larger packages starting at $62.00($42.50 Canada).These would include powerhead rebuild kits, stators, for example. The price is dependent on what is actually being shipped.
If you wish to use credit card, you may order via the shipping cart system and we will adjust the shipping figure when we process the order (obviously, we can not do that with PayPal orders).
- Please be sure to include a shipping address that can be mailed to since we normally use USPS services for shipping. If you do not have one, UPS service can be arranged on request. UPS will not deliver to PO boxes.
- More detailed information can be found HERE
- EXPEDITED SHIPPING is available. At the end of checkout there is a "Special Instructions" box, where you can note that you need it 2nd Day. Overnite shipping is usually not available because of time constraints, but may be, depending on what parts and where to.
- All orders are prepaid, no C.O.D.
- All orders are processed manually. Your card is not charged at the time you submit your order. This way, corrections can be made if necessary before anything is final. When we have the time, we try to double-check what you order against your motor to be sure the parts are correct, but we can't always do this in busy periods.
- Checks and Money Orders are accepted through the checkout system, Orders will ship when funds clear (may take 3-5 days on occassion).
- We accept VISA, Mastertcard, AMEX, and Discover credit cards, as well as PayPal. These orders can be processed right away.
- If you are paying by credit card, please be sure that the card will cover the cost of your order. We seem to be getting an awful lot of declined cards these days, which holds up your order. Also please double check all information entered to make sure it is correct before submitting your order.
- Regular PayPal orders in the USA are handled in the checkout system just like credit cards. For international or expedited orders, see the shipping section above.
- For high-expense orders such as powerheads and lower units, please be aware that processing may take up to 2 days for paperwork and funds transfer to suppliers.
- A reminder: for International PayPal orders, please CONTACT US first so that we may forward a complete invoice with shipping to you to use. If you do not do this your order very likely may be shipped 1st Class mail which takes considerably longer to reach you than the normal Priority or Express Mail. The standard $8.75 shipping charge applied at checkout does NOT cover the cost of shipping other than 1st Class.
- As part of our service guarantee, you may return, exchange, or replace, for any reason, any UNINSTALLED product bought
from us within 30 days.
- Please fill out & include the form HERE with return parts. Some drop-shipped parts may require a Return Autorization Number from the shipper (usually things like electronic ignition parts, rebuild kits, and other large, expensive, or special ordered parts). Please Check with us first before returning these sorts of items.
- WARRANTY information can be found HERE for installed parts if there should be a problem with something you bought..
- PLEASE DO NOT USE THE MANUFACTURER'S PACKAGING AS A SHIPPING BOX